Mittwoch, 14. März 2007

Biking plans 2007

Okay, 2007 will be the year of biking. I'll (try to) ride the legendary ride Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) in summer. Of course my plan includes some additional extra, not only the ride (more regarding that later).
But before I can do that I'll have to practise a lot and to pass the qualificaton 'brevets'. Last weekend I did the first serious ride not only for this year but for a longer time. About 160km, most of he time through a hilled landscape (Weserbergland).
Wow - that was harder than expected. My left knee was hurting a bit (I guess (hope) it was the sudden strong work and the bit cold temperature) and I needed more time than expected (nearly 7 hours). But it was fun and I now I know that I still can ride. Max speed was 51 km/h, min speed 10 km/h.
In ten days I'll to the next long distance ride. 200 km, the 1st qualification brevet for PBP.

Keine Kommentare: