Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007

400 km done

The 4oo km are done now, too. But with some issues. The biggest was eating and keeping the energy level. The first 100 km went quite fine, but then the energy was gone already. My eating schedule for the day before was absolutely not sufficient (had no pasta or so, just some pan potatoes). Also I waited too long to eat something during the ride.

When hunger was strong then I took a lunch at Burger King. I knew that this might be stupid, but I had to test it. I didn't knew how stupid it was. After eating I really felt bad and this feeling lasted for a couple of hours.

On early evening I felt better, but then I lost track of the way and it took me some km and time to get back on track. With my delay I had problems at the controls which took me additional time.

And then the night came and it became really cold, I expected it to become cold, but I was surprised how cold it became. I decided to take a break for a short hour and slept from 3:00 to 4:00 in some bus waiting stand. It was cold, but all in all not too bad. Cycling the night was quite brilliant, the way was crossing deep forrests and lonesome landscapes, the moon was shining bright - lovely

The last hours I enjoyed the early morning and the rising sun and I was glad to reach the finish after 24 hours and 50 mins and 429km (riding time was 19 hours and 30 mins). After the ride I enjoyed a breakfast and slept an hour and then went back to Bielefeld.

In the end still respectable, but I was expecting a total time of a good 20 hours and a cycling time of 16-18 hours.

End of May I'll try the 600km...

Keine Kommentare: