Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007

Three days until the 600 km ride

The 600 km brevet is soon. I bought some new grips for my bike, but went for the Ergon GR2L instead of the GX1. Those have some small integrated magnesium endbars which allows to change hand position. With 40 EUR they were reasonable priced.
Furthermore I got some new bike gloves from Roeckl with some special foam. Thus I am quite optimistic to not suffer again on numb hands.

What worries me a bit is the weatherforecast. For saturday evening heavy rain is scheduled. I hope it will turn out to be a wrong forecast.

The other thing I wanted to test and improve since the last brevet is eating. Now I have some isotonic drink powder instead of lemon tea. Also I got some high caloric drinks, originally intended for cancer patients and elderly people, but also good for endurance sports: 200ml contain 300 kcal. i tested one of them last weekend on a small 60km ride, that drink is quite sweet, but easy to swallow. I think the drinks will help to aviod a low energy situation like during the 400 km brevet.

Also I bought a new blue short arm trikot, wa a real bargain: reduced from 45 EUR to 16 EUR!

Keine Kommentare: